Re: Competition Types [was Re: Meeting 22 Nov (09:00 UTC)]

On 24 November 2017 at 10:46, Martin Alvarez-Espinar
<martin.alvarez@fundacionctic.org> wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
> Although we use this approach, we still would need a common taxonomy that
> maps all terms to guarantee interoperability. So we could be able to design
> *universal* tools to search/filter/aggregate/manage competition calendars
> automatically.

Ivan, it is perhaps separate to the standard, but our database can
store any number of organisations with arbitrary relations between
them.  So you could have local associations affiliating to national
ones, and this could be different in every country.  This will all be
open data and we hope to publish the "trees" visually.  It also helps
a lot if we know the clubs/regions before people start sending
results.

We are focused on the actual results format for about a week longer,
but we will be publishing things people can use in December.  We're
going to allow any access to name and describe tracks in about a
week's time, and organisations soon after.

If you want to send us the "structure" for Ukraine - your key clubs,
regions, federations etc and how they are affiliated - in a
spreadsheet pack we will be happy to load these up.  By Dec 1st we
will offer a Google sheet to each federation interested (privately as
it may contain personal data) and offer to bulk-load data the first
time.

Once we have enough sample data, we can be guided by Martin and
automatically generate the resources to link to in JSON-LD format.

- Andy