Re: Meeting November 14

On 14 November 2017 at 12:47, Martin Alvarez-Espinar
<martin.alvarez@fundacionctic.org> wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o0Dt9vA5Qm2_OdEeSXwPgTeAGRm0s3EBW9-SXASkPYU/edit?usp=sharing
>
> This is just a proposal. Please let me know if you see any value on this.

Definitely.  We were about to circulate something similar to the
countries interested in coming on board with us, to get the basic
reference data correct.

I do not think athletes should go in there "in large numbers" until we
have sorted out the GDPR policies, but it should be fine to have a few
elite ones whose data is on Wikipedia, to get the format right.

We have data on quite a lot of venues and organisations already, but
no time or developer resources to do JSON export or import or APIs, as
we are already very busy on the competition data.    So asking
countries to get their preliminary data into a spreadsheet pack (Open
Data) is a really good first step.

You might also want to include competitions.  More than 1200 for next
year are available here, and we can get them in spreadsheet form.
Cross-referencing them to locations and organising bodies would be
really valuable.

    http://www.european-athletics.org/calendar/

- Andy