RE: AT4AM / Akoma Ntoso

Hi James,

Here's a demo video: http://vimeo.com/17598642

I have showed how we table amendments to proposed legislation with AT4AM remote (running in a citrix client) for students and at conferences a couple of times. From that experience I think I can safely say that people very quickly understand how the EU works when they see what we do in the EP.

The reverse is happening with colleagues in the EP when I now can show that anyone can use AT4AM (running on external server) with any document that you "open" in the AT4AM editor.

Folks in the EP suddenly understand lots of things about what is separating the Brussels Bubble from the people it governs*.

That is at this stage just as important (which is why I ask for more "homemade" AKN documents to show). There are a plethora of projects that I think needs to be stopped or re-designed to be compliant with Rule 115, e.g. most of the the visions of DG EXPO and DG IPOL:

http://erikjosefsson.eu/sites/default/files/dg-ipol-and-dg-expo-priorities-20140516.pdf

I simply think folks in DG EXPO and DG IPOL need to read up:

"Ensuring utmost transparency ‒ Free Software and Open Standards under the Rules of Procedure of the European Parliament"
http://www.ifosslr.org/ifosslr/article/view/105

When they have done so, then we can have a discussion on how to get to where we should be.

It's not only about democracy and transparency, it's about where tax payers money go too.

Best regards.

//Erik

*) technically, that's answered in the second comment to the video above: "The application runs inside a secure intranet (managed switch controlled, so no sniffing) with no outside access (protected by a DMZ), and actual access is only possible from authenticated and known clients, with full auditing in place."