Re: Web annotations for physical texts

Karl,

As you might have inferred by lack of response, the promise of a standard
way to refer to physical books' content (including maps) seems to be
unfulfilled as yet.

Last Fall I tried to advance this conversation, but ultimately came to the
conclusion that this practical application is undocumented and not
solidified [0].

You might find my general outline of explorations [1] helpful, or the last
update when I documented my grinding to a halt [2]. I've attempted another
stab
at it, but feel largely like attempting to use the W3C material is not
going to be profitable. Many of the ideas of the spec seem good and I plan
on
implementing them, but waiting on the W3C models is likely a hinderance to
my shipping a useful thing.

I hope this helps avoid frustration!

Sincerely,

Steven Harms