Re: Question/feedback re: oa:hasBody and cnt:ContentAsText in RDFa

Hi Sarven,

One of the considerations here was that you can't have both language and
datatype associated with the same literal, so we had to pick two predicates
for recording the information and mint a resource for the subject.  We went
with Content in RDF as it seemed at the time to have some legs and
fulfilled our requirements.  In the Annotation working group, we've minted
our own class, as it's clear that CNT is abandoned and will never reach
recommendation status.

We went with dc rather than dcterms because of the ranges.  dcterms:format
has a range of a resource of class dcterms;MediaTypeOrExtent.  We thought
this was overkill for the 95% use case of just recording the media type of
the content, and dc elements has no such requirement.  Ditto
dcterms:language and dcterms:LinguisticSystem, versus dc:language.

While the information in RDFA is not very interesting to a human reader of
the page, RDFA is not intended for humans :)  Once that annotation has been
pulled out of the page and made available separately as its own resource,
that information is very important so clients know how to render it to the
user.

Hope that helps!

Rob

--