Re: non-derefencable http URIs and oa:SpecificResource quibble

One advantage is that it can be non-dereferencable today, and
dereferencable tomorrow.

I recently made it so that IRIs we have used in our software to identify
workflow fragments, e.g.

http://ns.taverna.org.uk/2010/workflowBundle/2f0e94ef-b5c4-455d-aeab-1e9611f46b8b/workflow/HelloWorld/processor/hello/

are now finally dereferencable through a "guessed service", 4 years after I
constructed and started using that namespace. You can try it and modify any
of the free texts, and it will claim all of them exist.

These URIs, used in our provenance and annotations, are minted like Bob
Morris suggests with an embedded uuid, but they are created at desktop
applications around the globe without them registering anything with our
servers (in fact, many would be quite worried if the software did such a
registration).

Now in my case I "baked in" enough info in the url, at the cost of making
it rather long. A second approach is to do some indexing or search of
public instances.