Re: W3C Annotation Working Group?

The ability to annotate (online and offline) digital works (online and offline) and engage with them as objects in their own right is an affordance necessary to make the Web and ebooks as effective for reading and writing as physical vehicles have been for thousands of years.

The ability to share those annotations and for writers and readers to communicate and collaborate through them represents an important advance over our physical tools.

A TR and WG will progress the work of the OAC, W3C and IDPF toward a standard on which several industries can build.  If I can contribute as a non-technical user and beneficiary, I would like to participate in the WG.

Regards,
Robert Bolick

Sent from my iPad
www.books-on-books.com