Annotation body a transcription of the target

From: Simon Rainer <Rainer.Simon@ait.ac.at>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 19:36:27 +0000
To: public-openannotation <public-openannotation@w3.org>
Hi,

as some of you know, the Pelagios project is concerned with annotating place references in different types of documents. Our normal case is that we have one annotation body that is simply a URI representing the place.

In some cases, however, we also want to attach an actual transcription of the place name as found in the document. To keep annotations coherent (cases without transcription vs. cases with transcription) I'd like to add the transcription as a separate, second body (which should be fine, I guess?).

Now a quick question/sanity check for the list: I want to explicitely indicate that the textual body is a transcription of a placename. Is the best way to do this to type the body? (The spec only speaks of using typing in terms of media types.) I.e. something like:

hasBody: [ chars: "Placename"; rdf:type: "pelagios:Toponym" ]

or should we having our own sub-property of hasBody instead?

Cheers,
Rainer