Re: Semantic Tagging and Motivation

While there are clearly better motivations for semantic tagging, including
oa:classifying and oa:identifying which we have in the list already,
tagging with a literal is often just "tagging" without further
understanding.  If you had a tag based system and wanted to expose the tags
that your users had typed in, you couldn't get any more detailed than just
"tagging" as a motivation as the information isn't captured in any way.

We could clarify that tagging SHOULD be present IF no other motivation is
clearer.

Hope that helps,

Rob