Re: [PROPOSAL] DomRangeSelector

From: Randall Leeds <randall.leeds@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 17:39:49 -0700
To: Herbert van de Sompel <hvdsomp@gmail.com>
Cc: public-openannotation <public-openannotation@w3.org>
On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 3:58 AM, Herbert van de Sompel
<hvdsomp@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi Randall,
>
> I did a brief presentation about Open Annotation at a recent EUDAT
> meeting (http://www.eudat.eu/2nd-eudat-user-forum) and got a question
> from the audience along the same lines of what you describe. If I
> remember correctly the person asking the question was involved in TEI
> work.

Something similar just came up in the change tracking WG, as well.

It seems many people desire to serialize document ranges. I do think
the DOM Range spec is the sensible place to start, but it doesn't
define a serialization.

Maybe someone ought to?