Re: May a Specific Resource be object of the oa:hasScope relationship ?

Hi,

thanks for your response. Travel is always a good reason to be offline
from time to time.:-)

Even though hasScope does not provide the same semantics as a "hard" if
condition, it might be adequate to model our use case with OA as
"modelling language".
After having thought of this the last few days, it finally reflects
exactly what an annotator (also in our use case) does and what a
software can record without being too restrictive.
He is looking at a dataset, and finds multiple errors in it. Then, he
notes which elements of the dataset have errors and what he proposes new
values for these elements. With every new value proposal, he
relates(scopes) it to the specific element(s) in the dataset to which he
would propose the new value.
I would say, any good willing software application should be able
understand what the annotator wanted to express, and to process the
annotation in the intended manner.

I hope we can discuss this that way in our project and will conclude
that we can live with the level of weakness inherited by using
oa:hasScope. If so, then we could express our use case in pure
OA-language, and don't have to invent some domain specific body
datastructures. That would be good news.

thanks again
Lutz