Re: Is there any way to access a single page version of the specification?

From: Nick Gall <nick.gall@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:47:04 -0400
To: Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
Cc: public-openannotation <public-openannotation@w3.org>
Thanks for the clarification. FYI, the HTML WG provides the following in
it's intro to the HTML5 spec (arguably one of the longest W3C specs): "This
specification is available in the following formats: single page
HTML<http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/single-page.html>
, multipage HTML <http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/index.html>, web developer
edition <http://www.w3.org/TR/html5-author/>."

I was able to create a bunch of pdfs and then merge them. I like pdf for
spec reading because the Acrobat Search command creates in instant
concordance showing every use of a term in a document. This is invaluable
for understanding if a term is used consistently throughout a spec.

The term I was interested in in this case was "metadata". The open
annotation spec strikes me as an extremely generation purpose spec for
(external) metadata description. I was curious as to whether the spec
discussed annotation as a kind of metadata. I was mildly surprised that it
did not.

Thanks again.

-- Nick

Nick Gall