Re: New Draft comments: textual bodies

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 22:06:34 +0100
To: Paolo Ciccarese <paolo.ciccarese@gmail.com>
CC: Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>, Bernhard Haslhofer <bernhard.haslhofer@cornell.edu>, Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>, public-openannotation@w3.org

> We are now trying to better understand what are the repercussions of
> that change in respect to the current status of the rest of the model
> (multiplicity, semantic tagging, JSON-LD and so on).
> Ideally simple annotations should be simple to create.... and complex
> annotation should be possible without providing parallel solutions (or
> duplicates) in the model.

I know, I'm following this since quite a while ...

> As this is the first time you intervene on the mailing list, could you
> provide a little more context?

About LinkedTV? Simply annotating TV programs at a very fine grained
level, using media fragments URI to address regions of images and video
sequences. Annotations are obtained automatically from a a broad range
of multimedia analysis techniques, or NLP processing (mainly NER) on
video transcripts. We will have many more concrete demos online, but
only from next month.

> Do you use - or plan to use - multiple types of annotations in your system?

Yes, in the sense some annotations are plain text, and some are structured

> If yes, how do you classify them?

What do you mean exactly? If we reify and further characterize the
annotation relationship?

> Do you support multiple bodies?

The body could be a literal (typically a keyword spotted in some text)
or a resource (a URI disambiguating a named entity) or a more complex
RDF graph.

> Do you need to annotate annotations?

We already attach provenance information using PROV to the annotations
we generate.

> Are you already - or planning to - sharing the annotations?

All our annotations are dereferencable URIs, and yes, everything will be
available to 3rd party soon.
Best regards.

RaphaŽl Troncy
EURECOM, Campus SophiaTech
Multimedia Communications Department
450 route des Chappes, 06410 Biot, France.
Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/