Re: New Draft comments: textual bodies

Hello,

> We are now trying to better understand what are the repercussions of
> that change in respect to the current status of the rest of the model
> (multiplicity, semantic tagging, JSON-LD and so on).
> Ideally simple annotations should be simple to create.... and complex
> annotation should be possible without providing parallel solutions (or
> duplicates) in the model.

I know, I'm following this since quite a while ...

> As this is the first time you intervene on the mailing list, could you
> provide a little more context?

About LinkedTV? Simply annotating TV programs at a very fine grained
level, using media fragments URI to address regions of images and video
sequences. Annotations are obtained automatically from a a broad range
of multimedia analysis techniques, or NLP processing (mainly NER) on
video transcripts. We will have many more concrete demos online, but
only from next month.

> Do you use - or plan to use - multiple types of annotations in your system?

Yes, in the sense some annotations are plain text, and some are structured

> If yes, how do you classify them?

What do you mean exactly? If we reify and further characterize the
annotation relationship?

> Do you support multiple bodies?

The body could be a literal (typically a keyword spotted in some text)
or a resource (a URI disambiguating a named entity) or a more complex
RDF graph.

> Do you need to annotate annotations?

We already attach provenance information using PROV to the annotations
we generate.

> Are you already - or planning to - sharing the annotations?

All our annotations are dereferencable URIs, and yes, everything will be
available to 3rd party soon.
Best regards.

   Raphaël

--