Re: Floating Quotable Citations (FQC)

It seems like the thing that's the target of the Annotation/citation
is really very different in the various cases.
Character counting in a print book would be a nightmare, of course,
and that's why page references are so obviously important.  On the
other hand, page references don't exist in some digital copies.

My suggestion, in Annotation speak, would be to have multiple targets
with different selectors for the different expressions of the work.
Then you could use systems appropriate for print with the print
copies, and systems appropriate for digital with the digital copies,
but the annotation/citation maintains the same identifier.

Otherwise just try to record as much information as possible, and let
future systems sort it out as best they can :)

Rob