Re: New Specification Published!

From: Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 09:15:38 -0700
To: James Smith <jgsmith@gmail.com>
Cc: public-openannotation@w3.org, Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
To try to summarize, the following properties seem desirable for the namespace:

* Stable
* Memorable
* ... (via) Brand name recognition
* Short
* Ends in #
* Only one / (eg not /ns/openannotation/core#) if I understand Raphael correctly

And if I may throw one more consideration in to the mix, it would
cover the memorable and short desiderata if the namespace followed
exactly the pattern of a TR/ path for the specification.
Thus if the spec were to have its final home at www.w3.org/TR/OA/ then
it would make sense (to me) for the namespace to be www.w3.org/ns/OA#

And then replace OA above with whatever is deemed most appropriate for
both paths.

The suggestions:
* OA
* oa
* OA-core
* oa-core
* annotation
* openanno
* openannotation

Herbert and my preference would be:
    http://www.w3.org/TR/openannotation/
    http://www.w3.org/ns/openannotation#

Dewitt Clinton once (good naturedly) chided me that OpenSearch
succeeded where SRU/CQL did not was not due to technology, but due
simply to the name.  I think that we have a reasonably well known
"brand" with Open Annotation, and that it would be shame to not
capitalize on it for the sake of saving a few bytes.

Rob