Annotating HTML: Distinguishing between annotating the source and the rendition

From: Simone Sacchi <sacchi1@illinois.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:55:52 -0500
To: public-openannotation@w3.org
Hi all,

I have a quick question: is it possible to represent explicit whether
(for an HTML page) you are annotating the HTML source code or the
rendered text in the browser? I couldn't figure it out...

My particular case is one in which you can have the same rendered text
(or entire page) using different HTML source codes. I would like to
explicitly point to the rendered component and the corresponding
selection in the source code.

Thanks a lot in advance for any reply,
Simone
Simone Sacchi
Research Assistant - Center for Informatics Research in Science and Scholarship
Ph.D Student - Graduate School of Library and Information Science
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign

Email(s): sacchi1@illinois.edu - simo.sacchi@gmail.com
Skype: simone.sacchi