Re: F2F Decision: Multiple Resources

Hi Bob,
in the past I've been using Collections Ontology [1] for ordered lists. It
is very similar to what has been discussed in Chicago but in a more
OWL/reasoner oriented way. And the items of the lists/sets are not
constrained. Of course you can specialize the general list/sets to
something more constrained if you wish. In the List, besides transitive
properties previous/next and similar we  introduced an item index so that
the SPARQL results could be sorted example:

 Query: “Give me all the papers and their respective authors ordered by
their positions.”

SELECT DISTINCT ?paper ?person

WHERE {         ?paper exterm:title ?title

; exterm:creator [ co:item [

co:index ?position

co:itemContent ?author ] ]
} ORDER BY ?title ?position

The 'co:index' represent the item index or position of the author in the
sequence of authors of a paper.

In general I agree with what you said at the end, it seems there is a
problem in accessing the elements of oa:List in order. I still see it as an
issue in a more current draft [2] related to SPARQL 1.1. It is probably
worth investigating the issue with somebody working at the RDF specs and
somebody working at SPARQL.

The only useful piece of info I found is the query:

SELECT * WHERE {
    ?list rdf:rest*/rdf:first ?member .
}

Which, however, does not seems returning the items in the 'list order'.

Paolo

[1] http://code.google.com/p/collections-ontology/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-property-paths/

--
Dr. Paolo Ciccarese
http://www.paolociccarese.info/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended only for the addressee(s),
may contain information that is considered
to be sensitive or confidential and may not be forwarded or disclosed to
any other party without the permission of the sender.
immediately.