Re: F2F Decision: Provenance

Dear Graham,
thank you for your feedback and welcome to the group!

I am assuming
a prov:alternativeOf v
was meant to be
a prov:alternativeOf b

The current definition of oa:equivalent is: The subject and object
resources of the oa:equivalent relationship represent the same Annotation,
but potentially have different metadata such as generator, generated and
serialization format. oa:equivalent is a symmetrical relationship; if A
oa:equivalent B, then it is also true that B oa:equivalent A.

Basically it is a mechanism to allow multiple 'copies' of the same
annotation. Each copy identified by a different URI and can have different
metadata.

Given this and given your explanation, I believe prov:alternativeOf has a
broader meaning than oa:equvalentTo. Maybe we can keep our original
property and declare it a sub-property of prove:alternativeOf?

We would appreciate more feedback from the prov group on this matter.

Best,
Paolo

ps: we will fix prov:generatedAt