Re: Q: how to encode annotation "roles"

Hi Bob,

The motivation is the association of resources.  It happens that one
resource is a Person, but that doesn't require a separate class of
AssociatedPersonAnnotation to determine, as Gustav Eiffel is an
instance of Person.  Similarly, if someone wanted to associate a Gene,
or a Painting, or a Color.  We don't want to duplicate every single
conceivable class into an associated(thing)annotation. Or worse,
PersonAssociatedWithEventAnnotation! :)

The extension lists several high level motivations:
    http://www.openannotation.org/spec/extension/#Classes

Depiction could be a new one, if Description has an overwhelmingly
textual connotation.

Rob