Re: Q: how to encode annotation "roles"

From: Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 14:01:03 -0600
To: Jacco van Ossenbruggen <Jacco.van.Ossenbruggen@cwi.nl>
Cc: public-openannotation@w3.org
Hi Jacco,

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 6:13 AM, Jacco van Ossenbruggen
<Jacco.van.Ossenbruggen@cwi.nl> wrote:

> I think the Eiffeltower example at [1] is pretty close to what I need.  But
> let's suppose I need a little more and want to explicitly assign different
> "roles" to my annotations, say the "depicted object" role (the Eiffel
> Tower), the "associated event" role (e.g. the 1889 World Fair) and the
> "associated person" role (e.g. Gustave Eiffel).

We've considered that the "role" in this case is a motivation --
you're creating an association between the resources via the
annotation.  I think, if I understand the question correctly, that the
other information can be covered by simply assigning a class to the
tag?

For example, if you said that (Gustave Eiffel) was a Person, then it's
clear that he's an associated (via the annotation) person, and we
don't need a new class for AssociatedPersonAnnotation.

I would think that Description could be used for the depiction case,
but maybe it would be clearer if there was a separate oax:Depiction
class?

Hope that helps!

Rob