Re: Q: how to encode annotation "roles"

Hi Jacco,

This is a tricky issue, as we don't want to re-invent RDF, encoded in RDF! :)
In an early version of the Open Annotation Collaboration schema, we did have a "predicate" relationship to make the relationship explicit.  This was seen as very strange by the people who reviewed it, as the object of the triple was a predicate. Nothing prevents this, but it's not a common pattern.

At the moment, then, we would recommend using classes if it's necessary to explicitly model individual relationships, but with the caution that you might end up duplicating every single relationship in RDF into a subclass of annotation.

Any further thoughts from the group on this issue are appreciated, especially from a Linked Data perspective?

Rob

Sent from my iPad