Re: Point vs Range/Area Selectors?

From: Jacob Jett <jgjett@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 15:04:11 -0600
To: Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>
Cc: public-openannotation <public-openannotation@w3.org>
Hi Rob,

Point based selection seems like a good idea. This would allow for what is
essentially a "targetless" annotation, e.g., "begin reading here", that
targets a single point in a text. I think that this is a similar case to
highlighting.

We probably only need a recommendation on how to use range/area selectors
for this rather than developing an extension for it.

Regards,

Jacob