Re: Associating context with an annotation

On Aug 17, 2012, at 10:30 AM, Paolo Ciccarese <paolo.ciccarese@gmail.com> wrote:

> James,
> a couple of thoughts.
>
> Could you spend a few words about the 'css(#post-3852)'?
> What is the assumption there? Is the idea to use whatever selector that works in a specific context?

I've corrected the FragSelector piece. The 'css(#post-3852)' appeared in what is now labeled example (2) under Option 1. Reading the media fragment and fragment identifier information more closely, I realized that simple saying 'post-3852' for an HTML page would accomplish what the 'css(#post-3852)' was trying to do in a general, XML document.

> Also, can you envision a solution in order to distinguish between
> - image annotated originally in this context, annotation still valid if image considered outside this context (example: I read a scientific paper and I attach a scientific claim to an image because that claim has been proven in the present work. The annotation has been created in the context of the paper but the annotation is still valid if the image is considered separately)
> - image annotated in this context, annotation valid in this context only (example: I am arguing that the collocation of the image in this context is wrong).
> I can think of having a sub-property of hasContext.

I need to think about these a bit more. I think a sub-property might do it, but I want to sleep on that a bit. I'll try to have an example or two next week.

-- Jim