Re: Connecting multiple fragment selectors with individual bodies

Hi Paolo,

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Paolo Ciccarese
<paolo.ciccarese@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rob,
> to me, what Lutz is doing looks more linking separate annotation with a
> semantics that, however, in his example is not very explicit. It looks, to
> me, very similar to what Kevin was doing with the annotations based on other
> annotations.

Agreed, though I was going from Lutz's response to my initial question
where he says:

In that case, it makes no sense to have 5 non-related annotations for
that kind of annotations, because the annotation is only valuable, if
all of the related elements can be expressed within a single
annotation !

So I think that both approaches could be valid.

> I see grouping the annotation with the Composite Annotation as orthogonal
> and therefore as possible on top of what Lutz is already doing.

Agree that linking annotations and grouping them are somewhat
orthogonal, hence my red 'x:rel' placeholder relationship between the
annotations in the diagram.

> Just to give a little more background about the grouping of annotation, Rob
> and I had a side conversation and we see three different levels of
> aggregations:
> - Annotation Set (by topic, purpose....)
>    - Composite Annotation
>       - Annotations
> I am assuming I could also nest additional levels. Like a
> CompositeAnnotation hasAnnotation another CompositeAnnotation.

Where a set of annotations is collection created for some reason and
the individual annotations can be re-aggregated into other arbitrary
sets, but a Composite Annotation is a construction for maintaining all
of the annotations together, and hence the annotations that compose it
should not be disaggregated.

Rob