*From: *oukl2 <K.Lillie@LRSport.org>
*Subject: **SportSuite 'Mega List'*
*Date: *23 January 2017 at 15:22:38 GMT
*To: *public-openactive@w3.org

Hi All,
I understand from Nick Evans that you are looking for activity lists?

At SportSuite we’ve spent quite a bit of time over the last 2 years
creating a consolidated list of activities from our member CSPs. We call
this the 'Mega List’.  Each time a CSP came on board, we would include any
activities delivered in their area to our system (along with a few bits of
participation information and the Governing Body details -if there is one).

All Mega List activities are listed under 3 Types; Sport, Physical
Activity, or Wellbeing (e.g. Mental Health, Weight Management).  We’ve
used NGBs, Sport England, Public Health England and NHS England
recognitions as a basis for determining the main Types, and have expanded
from there.

I’ve just done a quick download into Excel and attached our current Mega
List for your information (filtered by activity title).  Please note that
this is constantly updated and as such a number of ‘pending’ activities are
highlighted in the document which are “hidden” from our client sites at
present.  Once we have enough information and they have been categorised we
will put them live.

Notes:
1- Note that "Hobbies and Games" (e.g. card games and chess) are NOT
included in the list.

2- The structure of the underlying data is Type -> Parent -> Child e.g.
Sport > Athletics > High Jump

3- All activities are then also categorised to aid with searching and
finding similar activities.  We currently have 28 different categories such
as Olympic/Paralympic Sports, Traditional Sports, Ball Sports, Extreme
Sports, Combat Sports etc.  Activity can be in multiple categories.

4- You can see on a client site how it is displayed to the public:
http://www.lrsport.org/sports In this example, the dark blue icons are
Categories, the light blue icons are the Parents.  When you click into a
Parent, the “See Also” on the right hand side is the Children.

5- Clients can choose to amend the content of any activity locally, and
also hide the activity altogether if they don’t want to promote it.

6- Exercise/Movement/Dance (EMD) can get really long (there are 20-30
companies that do unique branded versions of each activity), so we’ve been
quite selective and tried to go for general terms (e.g. “Step Class”) over
brand names (e.g. “Les Mills”) with a few exceptions (e.g.”Zumba") due to
their popularity with the public.

7- There are a few sports recognised by Sport England that are not yet
added to our list too; Ballooning, Parachuting, Kiting and Model Flying as
these are not currently activities our clients felt they supported at the
moment.

Hope this helps, happy to answer any questions
Cheers,
Kim

Kim Lillie
Innovation & Enterprise Officer
www.SportSuite.co.uk <http://www.sportsuite.co.uk/>
www.workplacechallenge.co.uk
www.LRSport.org <http://www.lrsport.org/>

--
Leigh Dodds, Senior Consultant, theODI.org
@ldodds