From: Leigh Dodds [mailto:leigh.dodds@theodi.org]
Sent: 30 March 2017 08:58
To: public-openactive@w3.org
Subject: Community Group Hangout Summary, 29th March

Hi,

Below is a brief summary of the topics discussed at our community group call this week.

The video can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rRTKly3ILE

* Brief update on standard development work to date and latest revisions to the specification

* Outline next steps:
  * call to action to this group and beyond to begin testing the specification using real data
  * creating a primer to guide implementation
  * minor update to the paging specification

* Update on open issues
  * Schema.org proposal for recurring events still in review
  * Need to explore description of equipment at facilities and for sessions in more detail
  * Need to agree process for standardising activity list

* Review of planned next steps to support adoption and uptake of the standard

* Discussion around approach for capturing detail on how people sign up to events
 * Agreed to schedule a call in a months time on that topic

* Discussion around capturing information about disability support at events
 * Consensus was that we should develop a strawman proposal, e.g. mixture of free-text fields and a limited set of classifications, then share this with a more expert group
 * Tentatively schedule for a call in 6 weeks time

* Review of next steps for standardising activity lists
 * We now have a data format
 * Need to ask people to share the structured lists they have as open data
 * Need to decide on process on getting alignment between lists
 * This will be the focus of our next CG call on 12th April

Additional Suggestions:

* Jade (EMDP), add some guidance on what detail is useful to include in event descriptions
* Terry (GLL), create a "kitchen sink" example data file that can be easily cut-down/customised by
  developers

Actions/Requests:

* Nick (SE) provide links to Active Places data/documentation on equipment
* Ben (Imin) file an issue to start capturing discussion around disability support at events
* Jade (EMDP) share some information on disability data capture in their new system
* Nick (ODI) / Jade to review engagement & outreach docs
* Leigh schedule community call to discuss how best to represent disability support
* Leigh schedule community call to start capturing requirements around event availability and booking
* Leigh include guidance on event descriptions in Primer
* Leigh to put together roadmap for standardising activity lists, to circulate to the group.

Cheers,

L.

--
Leigh Dodds, Senior Consultant, theODI.org
@ldodds