Re: OntoLex@Wikipedia

Am .12.2019, 21:13 Uhr, schrieb Manuel Fiorelli <manuel.fiorelli@gmail.com>:

Dear Christian

When I tried to access the article, Wikipedia told that it was deleted
recently.

G11 ("spam"): We had that problem with creating a LLOD page, as well. But
back then, we got a discussion, at least.
G12 ("copyright"): The copyright infringement pertains to the OntoLex-core
diagram. I put in the file documentation that this is a trivial
visualization of commonly available information (it is a conventional class
diagram, in the end), and used the corresponding tag but that wasn't
convincing, it seems.

A revision without details on the W3C CG, without the diagram and without
any quotes now under  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Chiarcos/OntoLex.
Submitted for revision by a Wikipedia editor. May take 4 months, but can be
edited until then.

I guess it would help if people express the need for such a page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requested_articles

Best,
Christian

Looking at the message reporting on the deletion, I understood that it was
motives by a combination of two issues: promotional nature of the article
and inclusion of copyrighted work.

Not sure what we should do to solve the problem.

Regards
Manuel

Il ven 6 dic 2019, 19:56 Christian Chiarcos <christian.chiarcos@web.de> ha
scritto:

> Dear all,
>
> I just created https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OntoLex. Please check and
> improve!
>
> BTW: Copyright of the OntoLex-Lemon core diagram seems to be restricted.
> Please
> confirm.
>
> Thanks,
> Christian
> --
> Christian Chiarcos
> Applied Computational Linguistics
> Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universität Frankfurt a. M.
> 60054 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
>
> office: Robert-Mayer-Str. 10, #401b
> mail: chiarcos@informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
> web: http://acoli.cs.uni-frankfurt.de