Re: [ontolex] proposal for a new module to support rich lexicographical data

Dear Jorge,

  yes, this is a very good idea. It is timely now to think about
deficiencies of the model and about new modules.

This also relates to our discussion on further standardization.

I propose that we start again with the work on our model with regular
telcos to discuss important things. I think having a biweekly schedule
would be good for now.

I propose the following slots:

Mondays, 16:00

Tuesdays, 16:00

Thursdays, 16:00

Fridays, 15:00

Please fill in the Doodle here to see which slots fits best most of us:

http://doodle.com/poll/ddv2dphmq3isxkrm

Kind regards,

Philipp

Am 17.11.16 um 16:46 schrieb Jorge Gracia:
> Dear ontolex group members,
>
> Based on some previous works on "lemonising" lexicographically rich
> dictionaries (see [1-7] for instance) there are now a lot of
> experiences and knowledge in the community that could be "reverted" to
> the ontolex model in order to improve it, and to fix some of its
> current limitations that typically oblige to propose "ad-hoc"
> solutions when modelling lexicographical data.
>
> Therefore I would like to propose the creation of a new ontolex module
> specifically designed for lexicography. I know that a number of people
> in the group would be interested in participating but possibly we can
> invite other people working on LD and lexicography to join this
> initiative. We could use the ontolex group to support this activity,
> if the group chairs (and members) are happy with the idea.
>
> If you are interested on this and want to contribute actively, or know
> about someone outside the group who we could contact, please let me
> know so we can start moving things.
>
> Best regards
>
> Jorge
>
> [1] J. Bosque-Gil, J. Gracia, E. Montiel-Ponsoda, and G. Aguado-de
> Cea, "Modelling multilingual lexicographic resources for the web of
> data: the k dictionaries case
> <http://www.lrec-conf.org/proceedings/lrec2016/workshops/LREC2016Workshop-GLOBALEX_Proceedings-v2.pdf>,"
> in Proc. of GLOBALEX'16 workshop at LREC'15, Portoroz, Slovenia, May
> 2016.
> [2] J. Bosque-Gil, J. Gracia, and A. Gómez-Pérez, "Linked data in
> lexicography <http://kdictionaries.com/kdn/kdn24.pdf>," Kernerman
> Dictionary News, pp. 19-24, Jul. 2016.
> [3] Declerck, T., Wandl-Vogt, E., & Mörth, K. (2015). "Towards a Pan
> European Lexicography by Means of Linked (Open) Data". In Electronic
> lexicography in the 21st century: linking lexical data in the digital
> age. Proceedings of the eLex 2015 conference (pp. 342-355).
> [4] Klimek, B., & Brümmer, M. (2015). "Enhancing lexicography with
> semantic language databases." Kernerman Dictionary News, 23, 5-10.
> [5] Parvizi, A., Kohl, M., González, M., Saurí, R. (2016, May).
> "Towards a Linguistic Ontology with an Emphasis on Reasoning and
> Knowledge Reuse". Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC),
> 2016
> [6] Abromeit, F., Chiarcos, C., Fäth, C., & Ionov, M. (2016, May).
> "Linking the Tower of Babel: Modelling a Massive Set of Etymological
> Dictionaries as RDF". In LDL 2016 5th Workshop on Linked Data in
> Linguistics: Managing, Building and Using Linked Language Resources
> (p. 11).
> [7] Khan, F., Díaz-Vera, J. E., & Monachini, M. (2016). "Representing
> Polysemy and Diachronic Lexico-Semantic Data on the Semantic Web".
> ESWC (2016)
>

> --
> Jorge Gracia, PhD
> Ontology Engineering Group
> Artificial Intelligence Department
> Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
> [...]

Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
AG Semantic Computing
Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)
Universität Bielefeld

Tel: +49 521 106 12249
Fax: +49 521 106 6560
Mail: cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de