Re: linguistic terminology question

Hi Tom, John, all,

This is actually quite a useful point to bring up; it becomes
extremely important in discussing lexicons in languages with a root
and pattern morphology like Arabic and Hebrew. Another term, aside
from word family, that I have seen in the lexicographic literature is
'expression', used "to refer to a word cluster composed of a lexical
root plus all its morphological derivations (such as prefixed verbs or
suffixed adverbs), as well as their orthographical, declensional and
inflectional variants" (Diaz-Vera 2014).

I have used "expression" in my diachronic extension of lemon.

Cheers
Fahad

Diaz-Vera 2014. From Cognitive Linguistics to Historical
Sociolinguistics :The evolution of Old English expressions of shame
and guilt