Re: A final set of issues with the specification

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 3:19 PM, Armando Stellato <stellato@info.uniroma2.it>
wrote:

> [...]
>
> *Occurring “a”’s*
>
> *Occurring “b”’s*
>
> *A-coverage (at least one B in A)*
>
> *avgNumOf_B-in-A*
>
> **! avgNumOf_A-in-B !**
>
> LexicalizationSet <Ontology, Lexicon>
>
> lime:lexicalizations
>
> lime:references
>
> lime:lexicalEntries
>
> percentage
>
> avgNumOfLexicalizations
>
> ---- N/A ----
>
> ConceptualizationSet <Lexicon, ConceptSet>
>
> lime:conceptualizations
>
> lime:lexicalEntries
>
> lime:concepts
>
> ---- N/A ----
>
> avgAmbiguity
>
> avgSynonymy
>
> LexicalLinkset <Ontology, ConceptSet>
>
> lime:links
>
> lime:references
>
> lime:concepts
>
> percentage
>
> avgNumOfLinks
>
> ---- N/A ----
>
> Note: we have rechecked the current specification and all the properties
> are correctly assigned wrt what asserted in this table
>

> So the table is pretty complete, we provide here explanations for the ----
> N/A ---- entries:
>
> 1)      *no equivalents for avgSynonymy*: Initially, there was no
> intention of having a “avgNumOf_A-in-B” property. However, while
> lexicalizations and lexical_link_sets represents a-posteriori links between
> potentially pre-existing entities, conceptualization sets are often defined
> in the context of complete Lexical/Semantic Resources, such as WordNet.
> An example: if I use WordNet as a Lexicon to lexicalize a short ontology
> (case of a LexicalizationSet), what would be the purpose of telling that
> there are on average 0,0000001.. ontology references for each lexical entry
> in WordNet?
> Same for the if I use WordNet synsets to “tag” ontology references.
> Addressing instead the level of synonymy in the ConceptualizationSet which
> is part of WordNet itself may make sense, that’s why this property has been
> introduced in one of our recent calls.
>
> 2)      *no A-coverage for ConceptualizationSet*: as above, the idea (we
> mostly agreed upon) was that most ConceptualizationSets are defined inside
> already existing lexico-semantic resources. In this sense, the coverage
> would be always 1 as the conceptualizationSet is defined over a ConceptSet
> defined specifically for the Lexicon (thus covering all of it). Even if we
> consider cases of reuse of conceptsets (such as the set of synsets in
> WordNet) to create other lexicons (e.g. other language-specific WordNets),
> and the possible adding of further synsets to cover language-specific
> expressions, we still would have A-coverage = 1.
>
> So far, so good. We have some additional comments, but to avoid confusion,
> better to keep this as an explanation for the question by John, and then we
> will address further issues in a another email.

Hmmm... for future proofing wouldn't it be better just to have this table
complete for all slots?

Also this table must go into the Final Spec.

> 34. The diagram for lime metadata needs to be updated. (JPM)
>

>                                The diagram was updated by Manuel on the 20
> th of July. Maybe you needed to force a refresh

Manuel> Can you send me the source of this diagram, it seems to have some
stylistic differences to the rest of the diagrams?

Regards,
John