Re: vartrans module finished

*

*Dear Philipp and all,*

*Some typos and comments spotted. The typos in yellow, the comments in blue*

*1. In Class:Lexico-Semantic Relation*

*subClassOf*: relates exactly 2 (ontolex:LexicalEntry OR ontolex:
LexicalSense). Blank space after the colon

2. In class: Sense relation: The following examples gives an example of
a sense relation:

3. This equivalence can be expressed at different, form an ontological
point of view, increasingly strong ways: It seems that some words have
been left out.

4. but the meaning are equivalent because,

*5. Translation:*In this cases, the lexical entries might not denote

6. we do not need other machinery than introduce already above, Wouldn't
it be

we do not need other machinery than the one introduced already above?

*7. Shared reference:* In this case two lexical entries of two different
languages are equivalent from an ontological point of view. They might
not be translations in a strict sense, but the meaning are equivalent
because, given the concepts and meaning distinctions introduced by a
given ontology, the denotation of these lexical entries is the same.

Comment. If we see the example with surrogate mother and its equivalent
in German, wouldn't it be better to say *:* In this case two lexical
entries of two different languages are equivalent from an ontological
point of view. They might notrealize the concept linguistically with the
same labels, but the meanings are equivalent because, given the concepts
and meaning distinctions introduced by a given ontology, the denotation
of both lexical entries is the same.

8. whic relates two senses that can be regarded as equivalent. This was
also spotted by Jorge. I suppose you have it in mind

9. The following sentence is before ObjectProperty:translation and it
seems that some words have been deleted / or added, and it is not clear

Comment.Besides the classTranslation
<https://www.w3.org/community/ontolex/wiki/Final_Model_Specification#Translation>that
reifies the translation relation between two lexical senses, as a
shortcut the model also allows to directly express the relation of
translation between lexical senses by a propertytranslation
<https://www.w3.org/community/ontolex/wiki/Final_Model_Specification#translation>that
is regarded as equivalent to the reification:

10, The*translation*property relates two lexical senses of two lexical
entries that stand in atranslation relation
<https://www.w3.org/community/ontolex/wiki/Final_Model_Specification#Translation>twoeach
other.

11. In the following sentence : The*translatableAs*property relates a
lexical entry to a lexical entry that it can be translated as depending
on the particular context and specific senses of the involved lexical
entries.

Comment.I think I would add "relates a lexical entry in one language to
a lexical entry in another

12. With respect to, *subPropertyOf*: senseRel

*PropertyChain*: source^-1 o translation_reflex o target (with
Translation equivalentClass ObjectHasSelf translation_reflex ).

Comment.Does this axiom indicate that one lexical entry is Always the
translation of another lexical entry in a different language ?

What then, if we have: En: wildlife ( equivalent in Spanish flora AND fauna)

Es: flora= plants and vegetation life or plant life (we cannot say that
the equivalent is wildlife, since half of the denotational meaning is
left out, the animals.

So, would that axiom reflect this situation?

13. In relation to. zip code and the German equivalent, the sentence
proposed by Philipp , in my opinion will suffice.
"Thus, in spite of using different concepts as references, both
''Postleitzahl'' and ''zip code'' are translations of each other."

Comment.And even more, by pointing to different concepts they could be
considered as cultural equivalents from the translation viewpoint, since
the organization of each culture and language (English and German) may
be different but pragmatically they have the same denotational meaning.

Have a nice week end!
Lupe

--
Guadalupe Aguado de Cea