Re: ontolex.owl

On 23.06.2014 08:28, Philipp Cimiano wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>  I have been working on ensuring consistency of the ontolex.owl module
> with the spec.
>
> I have:
>
> 1) made sure that all axioms in the ontology correspond to those in
> the spec; the ontology is consistent ;-)
> 2) ensured that all domain / ranges match
> 3) introduced examples illustrating the use in the git under directory
> "Examples"
> 4) included the semiotics.owl ontology as we decided some time ago; we
> agreed to not have this in the spec, but in the actual ontology, see
> ontology file
>
> I attach the current version of the ontolex.owl module (see attached).

Dear Philipp, All,

Many thanks for your work on the ontolex.owl module, which I could
upload in TopBraid as well.
Looks very good to me.

I have some few questions/comments, which we can discuss during the
telco, or offline.

One thing concern the definition of "lexicon" and the definition of
SenseLexicon. In my work on dialectal dictionaries, for which I also
used SKOS (but I will replace as much as possible with ontolex
elements), I considered (my equivalent of) the lexicon as a
skos:collection and (my equivalent of) the senselexicon as a
skos:conceptscheme, since in the latter case I wanted to be able to
represent relations between the senses (for example if using WordNet or
similar). Is it possible (or wished) to have this in ontolex too?

ttyl

Thierry

--
Thierry Declerck,
Senior Consultant at DFKI GmbH, Language Technology Lab

Firmensitz: Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Dr. Walter Olthoff

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes