Re: telco today at 15:00

Hi all,

Concerning the Jorge's remark, excuse me to get back on this discusion
of language codes, we had with Felix several monthes ago.

The W3C recommandation DCAT
http://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-dcat/#Property:catalog_language is both
obsolete and totally silly.

It is said:

If a ISO 639-1 (two-letter) code is defined for language, then its
corresponding IRI /SHOULD/ be used; if no ISO 639-1 code is defined,
then IRI corresponding to the ISO 639-2 (three-letter) code /SHOULD/ be
used.

ISO-639-2 contains only 462 values: a large number of users (including
myself for African languages) need to use ISO-639-3 codes which covers
all languages (around 7000).

Thus, I'm against defining ontolex:language with this obsolete
specification.

PS: it is not because a W3C recommandation was defined in January 2014
that it is not semantically obsolete ;-)

Gil