Re: synsem module

Hi Armando, all,

  here follow a few coded examples (examples 3, 4 and 5 from Github
project: Examples/synsem

Example 3:

@prefix ontolex: <http://www.w3.org/ns/lemon/ontolex#> .
@prefix synsem: <http://www.w3.org/ns/lemon/synsem#> .
@prefix lexinfo: <http://lexinfo.net/ontology/2.0/lexinfo.owl#> .
@prefix owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#>.

@prefix : <> .

:own_lex a ontolex:LexicalEntry ;
   synsem:canonicalForm :own_form ;
   synsem:synBehavior :own_synframe ;
   ontolex:sense :own_semframe.

:own_form ontolex:writtenRep "own"@en.

:own_synframe a lexinfo:TransitiveFrame;
        :subject :own_subj;
        :dobject :own_obj.

:own_semframe a synsem:SemanticFrame;
          ontolex:reference <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/owner>;
          synsem:subjOfProp :own_obj;
          synsem:objOfProp :own_subj.

:subject owl:subPropertyOf synsem:synArg.
:dobject owl:subPropertyOf synsem:synArg.

Example 4:

@prefix ontolex: <http://www.w3.org/ns/lemon/ontolex#> .
@prefix synsem: <http://www.w3.org/ns/lemon/synsem#> .
@prefix lexinfo: <http://lexinfo.net/ontology/2.0/lexinfo.owl#> .
@prefix owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#>.
@prefix xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>.

@prefix : <> .

:opening_film_at a ontolex:LexicalEntry ;
     lexinfo:partOfSpeech lexinfo:noun ;
     ontolex:canonicalForm :opening_film_form;
     synsem:synBehavior :opening_film_nounpp;
     ontolex:sense :opening_film_frame.

:opening_film_form a ontolex:Form;
ontolex:writtenRep "opening film"@en.

:opening_film_nounpp a lexinfo:NounPPFrame;
lexinfo:subject :opening_film_arg1;
lexinfo:prepositionalArg :opening_film_arg2.

:opening_film_frame a synsem:SemanticFrame;
ontolex:reference <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/openingFilm>;
ontolex:subjOfProp :opening_film_arg2;
ontolex:objOfProp :opening_film_arg1.

:opening_film_arg2 synsem:marker :at ;
                    synsem:optional "true"^^xsd:boolean .

:at a ontolex:LexicalEntry ;
   ontolex:canonicalForm :at_from .

:at_from ontolex:writtenRep "at"@en .

Example 5:

@prefix synsem: <http://www.w3.org/ns/lemon/synsem#> .
@prefix lexinfo: <http://lexinfo.net/ontology/2.0/lexinfo.owl#> .
@prefix owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#>.
@prefix xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>.

@prefix : <> .

:graduate_from a ontolex:LexicalEntry ;
     lexinfo:partOfSpeech lexinfo:verb ;
     ontolex:canonicalForm :graduate_canonical_form;
     synsem:synBehavior :graduate_from_intransitivepp;
     ontolex:sense :graduate_from_semframe.

:graduate_canonical_form a ontolex:Form;
  ontolex:writtenRep "graduate"@en.

:graduate_from_intransitivepp a ontolex:Frame;
  lexinfo:subject :graduate_arg1 ;
  lexinfo:prepositionalArg :graduate_arg2.

:graduate_from_semframe a synsem:SemanticFrame;
ontolex:reference <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/almaMater>;
ontolex:subjOfProp :graduate_arg1;
ontolex:objOfProp :graduate_arg2.

:graduate_arg2 synsem:marker :from ;
                synsem:optional "true"^^xsd:boolean .

:from a ontolex:LexicalEntry ;
   ontolex:canonicalForm :from_form .

:from_form ontolex:writtenRep "from"@en .

To me these are all prototypical situations: the situation of somebody
(owner) owning something (owned), the situation of a film being opening
film at some festival, the situation of somebody (a graduate) receiveing
a graduation from some institution. These are clear frames with clear
semantic roles.

Best regards,

Philipp.