Re: How many forms for orthographic variants?

John, I ran into the same problem in a different system.

You will need a construction that correlates orthographic variants with
syntactic roles, plurality, tense... It is important here not to linger
too much in English and rather look at German, Latin .. languages with
multiple genders, variations in grammatical cases, to maybe build a
superset of possible variations with a overwrite to 'common', for
simpler languages.

For efficiency purposes we ended up with an orthographic script variant
that is language neutral but not alphabet neutral, linked to the
syntactical variants (rather than duplicating it) and their regional
transliteration, IPA, .... The syntactical variants then tie into a
lexeme-like form: noun, verb, 2 forms of adjective, adverb that have a
pretty stable pattern between each other, if you allow that not all
concepts have all forms.

These lexeme forms then link to the semantic information.

Have not found anything yet, in any language, that couldn't be
represented like that.

Hope this helps.

Tom