Re: R: ontolex.owl

OK, the thing is: I am working with Protegé and I do not know how to
create a subclass axiom without importing the ontology.

If somene can help and remove the import but keeping the owl subclass
axioms linking to semiotics.owl, then this would be the perfect solution
I think.

Any volunteers? You can directly change the ontology in bitbucket and
create a merge request.

Philipp.

Am 06.07.14 21:49, schrieb Armando Stellato:

> Well, you can “mention” resources from another ontology, without
> having to owl:import it (write an owl:import statement between your
> vocabulary and the target one). This is mostly suggested when your
> ontology A is “connected” to another one B but does not strictly need
> B for computing the inferences which are inherent to its (of A) model.
>
> With an owl:import, any tool  which performs automatic transitive
> closure of owl:imports, will download all of the target ontologies of
> the owl:imports and in turn, of their owl:imported ontologies. Not
> using it, prevents this from happen (though a user is always free to
> import ontologies of other mentioned resources manually).
>
> In our case, if we put links to semiotics.owl in a dedicated module,
> then I would say it is not a problem to use an owl:import, because if
> you use that module, then you are explicitly willing to use
> semiotics.owl. If links are reported in the core module, then totally
> agree with John.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Armando
>
> P.S: I’ve almost certainly said some redundant and trivial things up

Fax: +49 521 106 6560