Re: First version of requirements on Linked Data and Morphology

From: Aldo Gangemi <aldo.gangemi@cnr.it>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 13:33:56 +0100
Cc: Aldo Gangemi <aldo.gangemi@cnr.it>, public-ontolex <public-ontolex@w3.org>
To: John McCrae <jmccrae@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de>
John, the requirements for morphology and terminology are basically ok with me.
Those for lexical linked data need to reuse existing models: not much sense to remake wordnet or framenet (lexical) ontologies, while they already exist.
I would say that "the model should have a simple mapping to existing lexical vocabularies such as WordNet-OWL and FrameNet-OWL".

Moreover, I would like to add that "the model should allow mappings between existing lexical vocabularies". This additional requirement opens up for two possible approaches/requirements:

1) "the model should have primitives that make it a lingua franca between different lexical vocabularies"
2) "the model should provide a basic mapping vocabulary between classes/properties of lexical vocabularies, e.g. by reusing SKOS

Let's discuss this in a while
Aldo