RE: Next Ontolex Meeting, tomorrow, Feb 22, 12:00

Hi Philipp,

I do not see really other alternatives really. We have to think about
whether this is what we want?

Surely for the basic mapping this is the straight mapping and there are no
alternatives, and I totally agree with you that we have first to think about
if this what we want (I’m not totally sure even, and would gladly listen to
any objection on it), before thinking how to do it.

In general: are there any arguments why we should consider aligning to SKOS
/ SKOS-XL?

Well, in terms of reuse, and building on top of already existing standards
(and being able to reuse existing tools), I would reformulate the question
as “are there any arguments why we should consider for NOT aligning to
SKOS/SKOS-XL”? But, we go back to the original question above.

Cheers,

Armando

Philipp.