'Tuberculosis' example -- Re: Next Ontolex Telco

From: Paul Buitelaar <paul.buitelaar@deri.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 12:11:49 +0000
To: public-ontolex <public-ontolex@w3.org>
Lupe, Elena, in regard of your 'Tuberculosis' example discussed in the
telco last week:

As discussed in the telco, I would provide links to biomedical
ontologies that could be used instead of links to DBpedia. Biomedical
ontologies can be accessed through the NCBO BioPortal at

Searching for Tuberculosis gives many results but we discussed ICD
(International Classification of Diseases):

A very extended definition is available from SNOMED Clinical Terms:

It would be good if you could update your examples with reference to
these ontologies (or others you may find appropriate):