Da: "Alessandro Oltramari" <aoltrama@andrew.cmu.edu>
Inviato: ‎25/‎04/‎2013 16.09
A: "John McCrae" <jmccrae@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de>
Cc: "Aldo Gangemi" <aldo.gangemi@cnr.it>; "Aldo Gangemi" <aldo.gangemi@istc.cnr.it>; "Armando Stellato" <stellato@info.uniroma2.it>; "Philipp Cimiano" <cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de>; "public-ontolex" <public-ontolex@w3.org>
Oggetto: Re: WordNet modelling in Lemon and SKOS

Hi all,

having just started to actively participate to the community group, it's not easy for me to keep the pace of the most advanced discussions. But I'm trying :)

My concern - and sorry if I'm raising a sort of meta-level issue here - is more on the usability of the model: as a matter of fact, we want this model to be adopted and shared in the semantic web community. If this is our goal we need to find a trade-off between simplicity and comprehensiveness.

In this sense, I think that the model that Armando sent on April 23rd is very clear, though I'm in favor of substituting the node "Target Conceptual Model" with OntologicalEntity, as suggested by Aldo. OntologicalEntity would cover  A) and B) types of conceptual model;  I'd also suggest to keep the difference between A) and B) implicit.

My two cents,

Alessandro