Re: WordNet modelling in Lemon and SKOS

Hi Francis,

Thanks for your interest.

Firstly, in the original example language is marked on the entry, it could
also be attached to be the sense

http://www.w3.org/community/ontolex/wiki/Specification_of_Requirements/Linked_Data#Example:_WordNet_as_lemon-SKOS

Secondly, from the point of view of OntoLex we use URIs as identifiers,
which are essentially physical objects (referring to a file on some server)
so we cannot *mandate* the use of a particular naming scheme. However, we
can *recommend* the use of a particular scheme and we will certainly take
the Kyoto scheme into account.

As for multilinguality of synsets, it is a good question, I think you
explain it well: as I see it lexical entries and senses are
language-specific, ontology entities are not and synsets we will stay
ambivalent about.

Finally, I am aware that there is a distinction between hyponyms and
instance hyponyms in WordNet and I already use different properties to
represent these.

Regards,
John