Re: Let's drop RDFa in the requirements !

Hi Dave, The MSW-CG and MLW-LT-XG members, my answers below ----- Mail original -----
Yes and no, - the uri could be the subject of a triple anywhere of the web, but the uri refers to the span, and not to the the text fragment that the span contains. - if you want to add a triple in the very same document, you need RDFa, and in RDF/RDFa there is no mechanism to use a litteral as a subject, it is forbidden. In RDFa lite, the minimal triple needs a property="" attribute to define the property of the triple, and the text fragment is the object of the triple. : <span id="myid" property="its:property">mytext</span> -----> [:myid its:property "mytext"] > > So other RDF models could exist to represent the simple fact that "a
I add the public-ontolex@w3.org mailing list as a receipient of this mail, Paul Buitelaar and Philip Cimiano are the chairs of the community group. People from the MSW, are you going to the multilingual semantic web workshop linked open data workshop, Dublin, 11 June ? the registration form is open until 2012-05-09 here, http://www.multilingualweb.eu/en/documents/dublin-workshop/dublin-cfp . As I understood the community behind ITS1.0 is strongly based on the XML, so the needs and expertise of the members is mostly XML oriented... Using RDFa will lead to the design of two incompatible models for ITS2.0. put simply, one based on XML to annotates text fragments, and another based on RDF where text fragments can only be object of triples. I don't think the MLW-LT community would immediately benefit from a model in RDFa, and it might interfere with the job that is being done by the MSW community group. Once the working drafts of the MLW-LT and the MSW will be submitted, it will be fairly straightforward to propose a model for ITS2.0 that extends the one that MSW will produce. > cheers,
Kind regards, Maxime Lefrançois Ph.D. Student, INRIA - WIMMICS Team http://maxime-lefrancois.info @Max_Lefrancois