Re: more on Senso Comune

Guido,

  thanks for sharing the document with us. After reading the paper, I am
even more convinced about the strong similarity to the lemon model
developed in the context of the Monnet project. I attach a paper on
lemon that will soon be published in the book edited by Alessandro et al.

The class that reifies the relation between a lexical entry and the
corresponding concept and which is called "Meaning" in the SensoComune
model corresponds to lemon's "LexicalSense" class quite directly.

The function $\sigma$ you define corresponds directly to our
(functional) property "reference".

What you call "MeaningRelation" corresponds to the "senseRelation" in
the lemon model.

Given these correspondences, I am very optimistic that we will succeed
in bringing the two models together. We will have to discuss the naming
of course, but the approaches seem indeed almost equivalent in essence.

Other papers on lemon can be found here:

http://www.sc.cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de/sites/www.sc.cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de/files/paper_2.pdf
http://www.sc.cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de/sites/www.sc.cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de/files/ldl2012_0.pdf
http://www.sc.cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de/de/biblio/view/328

Regards,