Re: relations about lexical entries

Hi Harry,

Yeah, thinking about it... I think I made a mistake here... the distinction
should be

*Group 1b. Inflectional Variants*

   - Inflection
   - Fusional Synthesis (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusional_language)

*Group 1c. Morphosyntactic Variants*

   - Agglutinative variants
   - Polysynthetic variants (??)
   - etc.

The distinction is motivated as follows: *1b *consists of variation within
a lexical entry, and *1c *variation with multiple lexical entries, where I
use the following definition of lexical entry: A lexical entry consists of
all words or phrases which have the same syntactic category
(part-of-speech) and its decomposition (if any) consists of the same
sub-entries with the same categories and in the same order

Of course, this leaves things still up in the air of course... as for
Finnish something like "talossa" (in the house) could be modeled as "talo"
+ "-ssa" (meaning "-ssa" is also an entry in the lexicon), or "talossa" =
"talo" + inessive case. As you say the distinction is difficult to make,
regardless... I think the ontology-lexicon model shouldn't care which
distinction is made but must change its modelling accordingly to whether we
are talking about inter-entry and intra-entry relations.

Regards,
John

NB I assume all derivation leads to new lexical entries and so is
"inter-entry"