Re: Fw: CALL FOR abstracts : Ontology and Lexicon: new insights @ TIA 2011

Omar, all

    this workshop is organized by members of this group, Nathalie
Aussenac-Gilles in particular among others. The TIA community has been
working since years on topics such as terminology management and
extraction, the lexicon-ontology interface, evolution of terminologies
etc. etc.

Thus, there is a large amount of overlap in topics, people and common
interest between our CG and the workshop. For this reason, as current
chairs of the working group, Paul and me have decided to co-organize and
endorse this workshop. It will provide a nice opportunity and forum to
discuss important issues related to the
CG face-to-face.

Having said this, I can only encourage everybody to consider sending a
position paper to the workshop. I am aware of at least three people on
this list who are planning to attend the workshop. Paul Buitelaar, my
co-chair, will be also there and will be able to discuss with you the
goals of the CG etc. etc.

I am not going to be able to make it myself to the workshop as I have
teaching commitments. But John McCrae from our group will also be there.

I hope this clarifies the relation between the CG and this workshop a bit?

Best regards,

Philipp.

Am 12.10.11 23:34, schrieb Omar isbaitan:
> Hi all,
> Can Anyone say Anything about this inside the group,
> what we should do? and what should we know?
> Is this our group?
> I see no comment about this inside the group?
> Please help me to understand
> ???
> Omar Isbaitan

Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
Semantic Computing Group
Excellence Cluster - Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)
University of Bielefeld

Phone: +49 521 106 12249
Fax: +49 521 106 12412
Mail: cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de