Linked Data

From: Jennifer Sampson <JENSAM@statoil.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 11:36:57 +0100
To: "public-oilgaschem@w3.org" <public-oilgaschem@w3.org>
Hi all,

I have just had a brief look at this from the Library Linked Data Incubator Group:
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/XGR-lld-vocabdataset-20111025/

It is an excellent source for existing metadata element sets and ontologies. There isn't such a listing available today which identifies relevant data sets for the oil and gas domain, as far as I know. I know that Chevron and Energistics have done a lot of work with metadata and vocabularies in our domain.

>From my perspective this is something that would be beneficial for our industry with supporting use cases.

What do others think?

Best regards,
Jennifer

Jennifer Sampson
Principal Analyst Information Technology Infrastructure
ITC PLA IITP
Statoil ASA

m: +47 95 17 69 74
f: +47 55 14 20 50
e: jensam@statoil.com<mailto:jensam@statoil.com>

Visitor address: Sandslihaugen 30
Incorporation number: NO 923 609 016 MVA
www.statoil.com<http://www.statoil.com/>

this message.
Thank you