Re: Reaction and questions to new docs

On 3/16/15 1:08 PM, Renato Iannella wrote:

>> On 16 Mar 2015, at 04:03, Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl> wrote:
>>
>> By the way: isn't there a formal relation between odrl:Policy and dcterms:RightsStatement, which would allow us to 'inherit' the typing you suggest automatically?
>
> Yes...ideally we should have a lot of SameAs mappings in our ODRL Ontology for this to happen.
>
> There is an open action [1] for schema.org mappings
>
> Looking for volunteers...
>
> Renato
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/track/actions/12

I thought this had been done earlier, at least for the CC REL vocabulary. Maybe it was in a previous version.

Anyway I'll materialize the extra rdf:type statement if needed. Or someone should do it for me. I still don't have access to the wiki!

Reacting to Víctor's point:

> Actually, I think that these uses cover every practical purpose found in
> licenses:
> {personalUse, educationUse, researchUse, commercialUse }

If by any chance ODRL was to include resources of some sort (skos:Concept?) denoting education or research use, please let us know!

We're just discussing whether we should define them in our own namespace, and I guess we would be happy not to do it if ODRL had them.

Cheers,

Antoine