Re: ODRL examples involving the EU Database Directive

Dear Dave,

I am not aware of such terms besides our own efforts. We have defined
terms for the two rights mentioned in the Directive, as well as some
specific cases.
Last year we proposed the LDR vocabulary, derived from ODRL [1] which
includes the classes:

    http://purl.oclc.org/NET/ldr/ns#*DatabaseRight*: /Sui generis right
    for databases, recognized in some European countries and others/

    http://purl.oclc.org/NET/ldr/ns#*Extraction* /Right to permanent or
    temporary transfer of all or a substantial part of the contents of a
    database to another medium by any means or in any form/

    http://purl.oclc.org/NET/ldr/ns#*Reutilization* /Right to make
    available to the public all or a substantial part of the contents of
    a database by the distribution of copies, by renting, by on-line or
    other forms of transmission/

The definitions of Extraction and Reutilization match the definitions in
the EU Directive. These rights are incarnated by the following individuals:

    ldr:Extraction --> ldr:copy_database, ldr:download_database, ldr:extract
    ldr:Reutilization --> ldr:publish_database, ldr:reutilization

An example of use is given in the specification:

            To waive rights for a dataset

    A dataset has a policy which contains a permission.

    @prefix void: <http://rdfs.org/ns/void#> .
    :mydataset rdf:type void:Dataset ;
        dct:rights [
       odrl:permission [
               odrl:action ldr:extraction, ldr:reutilization;
        ]
     ].

I hope you like it!
Víctor