Re: Profile(s)?

On 26 Jun 2014, at 04:03, Michael Steidl (IPTC) <mdirector@iptc.org> wrote:

> The 2.1 Date Model - http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/work/2-0-core-model-constraint-draft-changes/ -
> says in 2.1.2 about Profile “ …. If multiple ODRL Profiles are used, then all the rules from each Profile MUST apply to the policy expression.”
> This drives the assumption that multiple Profiles may be applied to a single policy.
> But in XML the @profile attribute may only appear once and it takes only a single value. (Also the first sentence of 2.1.2 leans towards “there is only one identifier”)
>
> This needs a decision: one or more profile(s)

Does anyone have any strong positions?

For greatest "flexibility" we started without any restrictions - allowing any number of profiles to be applied.
In reality, it would be just one profile (if any) being used.

(We can fix the XML with a space separated list of URIs, if required)

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity
http://semanticidentity.com