Re: IPTC proposal of a modified action vocab: "license" renamed to "use"

On 23 Jan 2014, at 03:45, Michael Steidl (IPTC) <mdirector@iptc.org> wrote:

> In the proposal of a modified action vocabulary with structures and some changes to definitions on
> http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/wiki/Vocabulary_Definitions
> submitted by IPTC in December 2013, we – IPTC – have renamed the action “license” to “use” as the conclusion from a long discussion was that this term fits better the need to express “this action addresses any kind of (permitted = licensed) use of an asset”.

Back in ODRL V1.1 [1] we grouped all the actions into related categories (like "usage", "transfer", "asset mgt", "reuse")....should we reconsider this now (and make those groups actions themselves?)

Also, I notice that all/most of the definitions now begins with "The Assigner permits/prohibits the Assignee(s) to execute the act of..." instead of "The act of..."
Does this create issues with ODRL policy types that do not have assigners and/or assignees?

Renato

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/odrl/